The cornerstone of my work is the belief that all people have the ability to grow and find greater meaning and fulfillment in their lives, but this transformation takes help. We are deeply social by nature and thrive best when we feel seen, understood, cared for and guided, the types of experiences that therapy can provide. It’s precisely because we need the help of others that reaching out to a therapist can feel so vulnerable. I feel very privileged to assist people who are displaying that courage, and if we work together I will strive to meet you with the warmth, curiosity, and sensitivity that you deserve in seeking a more rewarding life.
I have over a decade of experience assisting people in overcoming their symptoms and learning how to prosper, drawing on psychodynamic and cognitive-behavioral approaches. I have worked extensively with young adults entering the working world, high-achieving professionals, and students, as well as people exploring life transitions such as career changes, parenthood, and changes in relationships. My style as a therapist is collaborative, genuine and engaged. I welcome people of all identities and cultural backgrounds.
Licenses and Certifications:
• Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Washington, DC and Virginia
• Member of PSYPACT
• Certified Group Psychotherapist
• American Academy of Psychotherapists
• Washington School of Psychiatry
• American Group Psychotherapy Association
• Ph.D. – George Mason University
• Postdoctoral Fellowship – George Washington University Counseling Center